CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hello, My Name is Stevie and I'm a Cheeseaholic.

Okay. I've decided that I want to bring this blog back, and so here I am. I feel like I should do an introductory post (which I realize is not necessary) because there are three of us writing here and we're all very different personalities. An "introductory post" for me would give a little taste of what goes on in my head and what I'm likely to write/whine about in the future. I'm not very good at introductions, so bear with me.

I'm Stevie. I'm an undergraduate psychology student, a waitress/bartender, a feminist, a Dr. Pepper junkie, and a Celiac. I'm also an on-again, off-again insomniac and a cheese enthusiast. All of these things (and more) make me the supposedly high-strung, odd individual that I am. I have a lot to say about several of these things, in particular Celiac disease and feminism.

Due to my (sometimes) grueling work and school schedules, I'm often exhausted. I like to use parentheses a lot. Also, sentence fragments. I realize these are flaws but hey, no one's perfect.

I am fortunate to have many wonderful friends, even more fortunate that they still like me considering that I'm a lousy friend during the semester and some won't hear from me for weeks. (Facebook has made my social life marginally easier.) Two of my closest friends are Jess and Sarah, with whom I've started this blog. We took on this task because we're all three writers who have pretty wicked senses of humor. This was meant as a creative outlet for us but also as a chance to collaborate for the first time in our (roughly) decade-long friendship. These women are amazing and wonderful and made of rainbows and I am incredibly lucky to have found such women.

And hopefully we will all now start writing together. I plan on writing as often as possible because, as previously mentioned, I have a lot to say. The three of us all bring different things to the table and I think our collaborative efforts will, at the very least, be a spectacle of insanity. ;)

Okay, enough about me. I'm going to go relax and watch some episodes of House now. It's summer vacation and I have NO homework. It's lazy time!

0 comments: